Swimming pools are unique environments when compared to many other parts of a leisure facility, with specific hazards. Personnel who work in these areas must have a full understanding of how to ensure a risk-free and pleasurable experience for everyone. By the end of the course, the learner will understand the safety issues associated with Poolside safety and the measures to be applied to ensure that everyone enjoys safe use of the Pool.
Pool and Spa Safety
- The importance of pool safety.
- The three causes of increased hazard.
- How to reduce risk.
- The role and duties of a Lifeguard.
- Uniform and personal equipment.
- Poolside supervision.
- Swimmer in difficulty.
- Lost child.
- Handling complaints tactfully.
- Reporting incidents and near misses.
- Locker room security.