Legionella for Leisure Facilities
Under UK law it is a legal requirement to protect employees and visitors from exposure to controllable risks. Regardless of the size of the property or water system, water hygiene is your responsibility. Leisure and Sports facilities with water play, gyms, pools, spa, and sports centres, playing fields and outdoor courts are, particularly at risk. It is therefore critically important that managers are aware of the health risks associated with water. This course will teach you about the risks associated with the potentially deadly Legionella bacteria and measure to be taken to avoid outbreaks of the deadly ‘legionnaires’ disease.
- Risks and dangers of Legionella and Legionellosis.
- Symptoms of illnesses caused by Legionellosis.
- Buildings that represent a high risk.
- Vulnerable groups and the risk of fatality.
- How Legionellosis spreads.
- Where the Legionella bacteria can be found.
- Temperature vs. the Legionella bacteria.
- The governing law.
- Roles and Responsibilities.
- Areas of risk and maintenance requirements.
- Record keeping
- The route to infection.
- High-risk systems.
- Safety considerations for Spa Baths (Jacuzzi).
- Emergency actions for Spa Baths (Jacuzzi).
- Safety considerations for Emergency Showers.