Fire Safety for Team Members (Irish Law)
The potential of fire is a major risk to every organisation; every employee has a responsibility to understand the hazards in their location and the measure that should be taken to prevent fire. This is a mandatory course where there are five or more staff to ensure employed. In this course, the learner will learn about fire safety and related work practices to ensure the wellbeing of themselves and others.
- The elements required for a fire.
- How fires can spread within the workplace.
- The potential risks associated with electrical equipment.
- Different types of fires.
- Different types of fire extinguishers and their use.
- Actions to be taken if a fire is discovered.
- Procedure for safe evacuation.
- Dangers of smoke inhalation.
- Fire prevention control measures.
- Daily safety inspections.