Fire Safety for Managers (Irish Law)
The potential of fire is a major risk to every organisation; all business managers and site managers have a responsibility to understand the hazards in their location and the measure that should be taken to prevent fire. The management of fire safety is a fundamental requirement of every manager as well as having a personal liability of ensuring a safe working environment for employees and public safety. This course provided managers with a thorough understanding of their responsibilities and how to apply good working practices to ensure fire safety.
- The law and associated offenses.
- The implications of non-compliance and the burden of proof.
- Fire inspections and appealing a notice.
- Chain of accountability.
- The provision of information.
- Fire and bomb drills.
- Reviewing fire risk assessments.
- Evaluating risk.
- Disseminating information.
- Identifying people potentially at risk.
- Identifying hazards.
- The fire triangle.
- Measures to reduce the risk of fire.