The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order requires that locations with five or more employees on shift must have a designated and trained Fire Marshall. This course provides nominated Fire Marshalls with the knowledge required to carry out their duties and to contribute to the organisation’s prevention of fire measures. In this course the learner will learn about fire safety and related work practices of a Fire Marshall.
- The responsibilities of a Fire Marshall.
- The duties of a Fire Marshall.
- How people are likely to behave in a fire situation.
- Duties of a Fire Marshall in an evacuation.
- The principles of a fire risk assessment.
- Importance of fire prevention measures.
- The elements required for a fire.
- How fires can spread within the workplace.
- The potential risks associated with electrical equipment.
- Different types of fires.
- Different types of fire extinguishers and their use.
- Actions to be taken if a fire is discovered.
- Procedure for safe evacuation.
- Dangers of smoke inhalation.